Baylor Radiologists was founded as Singleton Associates, P.A. in 1954 by the legendary Dr. Edward B. Singleton, who passed away in 2015. Dr. Singleton received his Medical Degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX in 1946. He completed a radiology residency at the University of Michigan and was certified by the American Board of Radiology. In 1953, Dr. Singleton was appointed Chief of Radiology at the newly constructed St. Luke’s Episcopal and Texas Children’s Hospitals in the recently developed Texas Medical Center. When the hospitals opened in 1954, Singleton Associates began providing radiology services at both institutions.
The rapidly expanding field of radiology and imaging technology soon lead to the sub specialization of Singleton Associates into separate adult and pediatric divisions. In 2010, the pediatric division became part of the Texas Children’s Hospital Physicians’ Organization.
In 2014, the adult division joined Radiology Partners, a national radiology practice, and became RP Singleton. Radiology Partners is a multi-state hospital-based practice, with approximately 300 radiologists serving nearly 200 hospital and outpatient centers nationwide, with the infrastructure and capital to scale further.
In 2017, RP Singleton announced a new affiliation with Baylor College of Medicine and is now Baylor Radiologists, a Radiology Partners affiliated practice. The affiliation will provide services at Baylor’s primary academic hospital, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, as well as at Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) network hospitals in Houston and Southeast Texas, in addition to other community hospitals in Southeast Texas. Baylor Radiologists continues as a leader in the Houston imaging market providing exceptional, high quality, compassionate care, as does RP Singleton throughout Texas.